Writers Window Open
We are now accepting submissions for our annual scratch night.
Chippy & Scratch Shorts Night 2018 will showcase six short pieces of Theatre by emerging Welsh and Wales based playwrights on Sunday 18th February at Theatre503 London.
This is a great opportunity for writers to showcase new work in progress, in front of an audience and panel of industry professionals. The winner will be decided by the panel on the night and will receive a Welsh wooden plaque and be crowned “Chippy & Scratch Best Playwright 2018”.
The submissions window is open until Friday 19th January 2018 (midnight). Please read carefully the below terms and conditions, and we look forward to receiving your submissions.
- We welcome applications from any Welsh or Wales-based playwrights.
- The piece must be classed as a short piece of Theatre (a complete story).
- It cannot be an extract from a longer piece.
- It must not be longer than 15 minutes.
- The piece must not be an already published or performed piece of work.
- We will accept joint submissions from more than one writer.
- The short may contain a maximum of three characters.
- The submissions deadline is Friday 19th January 2018 (midnight).
- Please email your submissions in PDF format to email@example.com
- Successful applicants will be notified via email by Friday 2nd February 2018.
- Participation is subject to the Chippy & Scratch Code of Conduct. For more details please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are successful we will assign a director and cast to your piece. There will be a rehearsal on the day prior to the event in the evening at Theatre503.
By entering your submission you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions, and understand the competition element of the scratch night.
Submission Window | Friday 8th December 2017 – Friday 19th January 2018 (4 weeks)
Announce Writers | Monday 5th February 2018
Announce Actors / Directors | Monday 12th February 2018
Chippy & Scratch Shorts Night | Sunday 18th February 2018
If you are interested in performing or directing please email email@example.com